This page demonstrates creating a GivePlus account through the GivePlus Mobile app.
Starting with the GivePlus Sign In screen, click on “Create Account”
You will reach the “Create Account” screen:
Fill in the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address. (At this time, only relatively simple email addresses of the form “firstname.lastname@example.org” are allowed. The various subaddress conventions are not supported.)
Then choose a password. The official password rules are as follows:
- Must be at least eight characters
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- Cannot be identical to your first name, last name or email address
- Cannot be reused
- Passwords are case sensitive
- Your password can consist of the following characters: upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters other than * ” or >
Based on my testing, passwords also must have one special character. The app will give you an indication if the two passwords do not match, or if the password entered does not comply with the rules.
When you have filled things in, click “Submit”:
If all is successful, you will get an Account Status screen indicating success. Click “Ok” to return to the Sign In screen.
This example was entered as shown, with an example email address. No verification email was sent. Therefore, be careful when entering you email address.